Mike and Deb met Diane and me at our hotel in Roanoke on Thursday. We set off Friday morning, determined to get as close to #200 as possible. Details will come later, but here's what we've covered so far.
- 187 - Chateau Morrisette: an impressive tasting with Ray. Yes, they're big, but we had many favorites.
- 188 - Villa Appalachia: Italian style wines.
- 189 - Attimo : Diane and I were here when their tasting room was their living room.
- 190 - Beliveau Estates: beautiful site with an incredible B&B.
- 191 - Hamlet: a private tasting with the ambitious and creative Virginia Hamlet. Only 3 wines right now, but 3 winners. I especially liked her easy to drink red blend.
- 192 - Preston Ridge: Much more than you might expect when you drive up, but owner/server Lawrence was great. He has passion and is working hard to learn his craft.
- 193 - Stanburn: an unexpected treasure. Loved the wines. Loved Cindy, the server. Loved Nelson, the owner.
- 194 - 2 Witches: an urban winery in Danville, just getting started.